So it’s Jungle time again – I’m a celebrity get me out of here is back on TV.
I’m actually not a major fan (more of a Strictly girl as I LOVE dancing) although I have watched a bit of it already.
What is evident is the importance of food in our lives. Susannah of “Trinny & Susannah” mentioned how food has been in her mind her whole life so the thought of maybe missing a meal is alien.
We are so lucky to be able to get food anywhere, anytime and pretty much anything we want but this can lead to the problems we have with overeating and being disconnected from our bodies… mindless munching of a huge box of popcorn at the cinema, always having a biscuit with your cup of tea, having a muffin everytime you go to a coffee shop etc etc.
So in the run up to Christmas, when we are surrounded by even more food, just take a moment to connect your brain to your body and ask “am I really hungry?” Perhaps you could drink some water and wait another hour before you eat – maybe you could be satisfied with a smaller portion – or maybe you could add more vegetables to your plate and reduce the amount of pasta or potatoes.
But if you do want to get into your LBD before Christmas you could do a few things:
- Use an app on your phone to ensure you walk 10,000 steps a day
- Only eat 3 meals a day and don’t snack in between
- Use my Fat loss cookbook to “clean up” your breakfasts, lunches and dinners – Click here
- Buy a copy of the Bath Chronicle each week to get my weekly bodyweight workouts that are in the colour Bath Weekend Magazine.
- Join a taster week at Zest Bootcamp – last one of the year starts Monday.
Failing all the above you could go on the jungle diet – rice and beans with a few spiders and cockroaches thrown in for good measure!