What is it with Candy Crush Saga! All I know is my mum plays it along with what seems like half the population!
Anyway have you eaten all your Easter chocolate yet?
Did you feel sick over the weekend with too much sugar, possibly after giving up chocolate and sweets for Lent?
A few people coming to bootcamp did!
If you are not yet over your Easter excesses then best way to get back on track is to do these 3 things:
- Increase your water intake back to what it should be – 0.039litres per kg of bodyweight is a good guide.
- Get moving – even if just for a long walk or 10 mins of exercises at home
- Go green, lots of big salads, some homemade green smoothies or some lean greens powder. All of these will help alkalise your body from the acidity which will give you more energy, better digestion and also health.
There is a recipe for Kermit smoothie in blog post below if you’ve not yet had it. Otherwise why not fill in your details in box above to download my free 7 day cleanse – it has smoothie recipes as well as great lunch and dinner suggestions.
I’ve been playing around with some more ideas for smoothies this week – made one yesterday I have called “pink paradise” but need to make it a few times more and get other peoples feedback before I share it with the world.
Last week, before the photo shoot, I had a few days cleansing with lots of homemade, healthy smoothies (not the sugary “Innocent” ones you buy in the shops) plus salads and fish just to feel as good as I could before going infront of the camera. I felt good so ‘cleaning up your act” really is worth it if you are feeling sluggish and bloated. ( I will be seeing the photos next week – very excited! )
If you can’t imagine life without chocolate then check out this new recipe I created that is a healthy alternative from the “candy” sold in the shops – I got some great feedback from the bootcampers and clients who tried it.
Finally if you need to burn off that Easter “cheer” our May bootcamp starts Monday and if the weather is as nice as most days we had in April (today excluded) we are in for a treat. Last chance to book your trial week today, Emma has just done her first month at Zest Bootcamp and is sleeping better, her mood and energy are better and she can get in her skinny jeans!
You can read her blog post about bootcamp here http://adventurely.co.uk/2014/04/25/emmas-diary-i-finished-bootcamp-hold-on-i-think-i-definitely-need-more/
Zita’s Dairy, Sugar & Gluten free Chocolate Truffles
These are satisfying and have a surprise ingredient. You can also make a batch and have in the freezer.
1/2 cup chopped apricots or dates (soaked in water overnight)
1/2 cup cooked and drained chickpeas
1/4 cup chopped hazlenuts, pistacios, almonds or cashews (can be toasted lightly to bring out flavour)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup almond or coconut milk
1 bar of 80 – 90% dark chocolate
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
Optional: Orange essence or zest
Tablespoon of honey, agave syrup, coconut palm sugar or stevia for extra sweetness
- Slowly melt the coconut oil and broken up chocolate in a pan
- Mash up or blend the chickpeas , drain the dried fruit of soaked then mix with all other ingredients
- Add the melted chocolate and mix well
- Put into paper cases or roll into balls and store in fridge or freezer.